This ham tetrazzini is a slow cooker recipe. The ham and sauce mixture if cooked in the slow cooker and then the cooked spaghetti is tossed with it just before serving time.
The prep takes no more than 10 minutes. Just combine the ingredients in the slow cooker and press the button. The most difficult part of the dish cooking the spaghetti!
Feel free to add some chopped fresh celery to the dish, and use canned (drained mushrooms instead of fresh.
- 1 can (10 3/4 ounces) condensed cream of celery soup
- 1/2 cup evaporated milk
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 1/2 cups cooked ham (cubed)
- 8 ounces mushrooms (sliced, sautéed in a little butter)
- 1/4 cup dry white wine (or use chicken stock)
- 6 ounces uncooked spaghetti or linguine
- 2 tablespoons butter (melted)
- Garnish: Parmesan cheese
Combine the condensed soup, evaporated milk, 1/2 cup of Parmesan cheese, 1 1/2 cups diced cooked ham, mushrooms, and wine in the slow cooker; stir well. Cover and cook on low heat setting for 5 to 7 hours.
Just before serving, cook spaghetti according to package directions; drain and toss with butter. Stir into ham mixture in slow cooker. Sprinkle additional grated Parmesan cheese just before serving.
- Instead of diced ham add diced cooked turkey or chicken about 30 minutes before the dish is done.
- Use cream of chicken or cream of mushroom soup instead of cream of celery.
- Replace the diced ham with about 1/2 pound of bacon, cooked and crumbled. Add it to the sauce mixture about 1/2 hour before it's done.
You Might Also Like