This pork tenderloin recipe includes apples and a tasty sauce. Pork tenderloin is very lean and can become dry if overcooked, so check it for doneness (at least 145 F) and tenderness after 4 to 5 hours on low.
Cinnamon Apple Pork Tenderloin
- 2 pork tenderloins (1 1/2 to 2 pounds total)
- salt and coarsely ground black pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 large onion, halved and cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 2 apples, peeled and coarsely chopped
- 2 tablespoons apple jelly
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- Season the pork tenderloins with kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the pork tenderloins and onion and cook, turning, until the pork is seared on all sides.
- Place the pork and onions in the slow cooker; add the chopped apples, apple jelly, soy sauce, and vinegar.
- Cover and cook on low for 5 to 7 hours.
- Slice the pork tenderloins and serve with the apples and hot cooked rice.
You Might Also Like