This shrimp Creole recipe is easy to prepare and cook in the slow cooker. Serve over hot cooked rice or pasta for a tasty meal. Add diced cooked chicken or turkey, or use crawfish in this recipe. This Creole style etouffee is a similar dish.
The dish is even better when reheated the next day.
Related Recipe: Slow Cooker Garlic Shrimp
- 1 1/2 cups diced celery
- 1 1/4 cups chopped onion
- 1 cup chopped bell pepper
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 (28 ounce) can whole tomatoes, broken up
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon salt, or to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon Creole seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 6 drops Tabasco, or to taste
- 1 to 1 1 /2 pounds shrimp, deveined and shelled
- Combine all ingredients except shrimp.
- Cook 3 to 4 hours on high or 6 to 8 hours on low.
- Add shrimp last 30 minutes of cooking.
- Serve over hot cooked rice.
- Chicken, rabbit or crawfish may be substituted for shrimp.
Stove Top Version
- Saute celery, onion and bell peppers in oil or butter until tender.
- Add remaining ingredients, except shrimp.
- Simmer for at least 30 minutes to an hour.
- Add shrimp (or cubed cooked chicken or other seafood) and simmer for 15 to 20 minutes more.