This easy crock pot barbecue beef is a snap to make in the slow cooker. If it's raining and you can't cook out, turn to the slow cooker! An easy Dr. Pepper barbecue sauce is flavored to perfection. Serve the beef shredded in sandwiches with coleslaw and extra sauce.
The crock pot is perfect for this beef, but feel free to cook it in a covered Dutch oven in a preheated 275 F oven for about 5 hours. The roast should be very tender and easy to shred.
- 1 boneless pot roast, lean chuck, rump roast, or top round, about 4 pounds
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 1/2 cups ketchup
- 1 1/4 cups cola or Dr. Pepper
- 3 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons prepared mustard
- 1 tablespoon liquid smoke flavoring
- 1/4 teaspoon Tabasco sauce
- 8 split sandwich buns
- Put the pot roast in slow cooker with 1/2 cup water.
- Cover and cook on LOW for 10 to 12 hours, until very tender, or HIGH for about 5 to 6 hours).
- Drain and discard the liquids.
- Remove meat; shred with forks. Discard fat.
- Put the shredded beef back in the slow cooker and stir in ketchup, cola, mustard, smoke flavoring, and Tabasco.
- Cover and cook on HIGH for 1 hour longer.
- Serve on toasted or warmed split buns.
- Replace the sauce ingredients with about 2 cups of your favorite commercial barbecue sauce.
- Add 1 large sliced onion to the slow cooker before you add the beef.
You Might Also Like