These peanut butter cookies are made with chunky peanut butter. The cookies are soft and chewy peanut butter cookies with the signature ridges made with the tines of a fork.
The cookies in the photo were made with this recipe, but I used creamy peanut butter.
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine
- 1/2 cup crunchy peanut butter
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour, 6 1/2 ounces
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- Heat the oven to 400 F (200 C/Gas 6).
- In a mixing bowl with an electric mixer, cream the white and brown sugars with the butter and crunchy peanut butter until light and fluffy. Beat the egg and vanilla into creamed mixture until smooth and well blended.
- In a bowl, combine the flour, salt, and baking soda. Blend flour mixture into creamed ingredients gradually.
- Using lightly floured hands, shape the peanut butter cookie dough into 1-inch balls and place 2 inches apart on Parchment paper-lined (or ungreased) cookie sheets.
- Dip a fork in flour and press it into the balls of dough, making a criss-cross design and flattening the cookies slightly. Dip the fork in the flour after each press.
- Bake in the preheated oven for about 7 minutes, or until the cookies are lightly browned around edges.
- Store the peanut butter cookies in an airtight container.
Makes about 3 dozen peanut butter cookies.
You Might Also Like