Hanging a feng shui crystal in one or more windows of your home or office can offer several benefits. Crystals can activate positive energy or break up negative energy. They can also help balance areas that lack light and color or have chaotic energy. Here are some tips to help get you started with using feng shui crystals in your home.
What Are Feng Shui Crystals?
One of the most common types of feng shui crystals is natural rock crystals that have not been radiated or colored.
These can bring some of the most potent feng shui energy to one's home. Another popular type of crystal is a faceted lead crystal sphere made of cut leaded crystal glass. Either type of crystal can be hung in a window or in specific feng shui corners and other areas of your home. Feng shui crystals are sold in a variety of sizes and often come with a red string to use for hanging.
Using Feng Shui Crystals
Hanging one or more feng shui crystals in a sunlit window provides a beautiful play of rainbow colors in your home, creating powerful feng shui energy. You do not need to have your feng shui crystals in all windows; just have them in a window with most sunlight.
Sometimes you can find a faceted feng shui crystal sphere hung on a red string along with several small crystals. The smaller crystals will emphasize the specific feng shui use of the crystal spheres. For example, if the string has several small rose quartz crystals, it can be used as a feng shui love cure.
Here are some other places to hang feng shui crystals:
- In a window that has Sha Chi energy directed at it
- In a long narrow hallway with little or no light
- In a dark corner that easily accumulates stagnant energy
- In an area of your house with too much chaotic energy, such as a small space with too many doors
- In areas that promote fast-moving chi, to slow down the movement; such as when front and back doors are aligned or where a staircase faces a door
- Between a stove and sink in the kitchen, to help promote harmony in this clash between fire (stove) and water (sink)
- In a missing corner, to help anchor energy and complete the missing corner
- Over a desk or other work area to improve concentration
Before using new feng shui crystals, wash them under cold water (or using another method of your choice), then leave them in the sun for several hours (typically four or more). This recharges the crystal with sunlight and disperses and releases existing old energies.
To keep your crystals' energy fresh and working over time, it is very important to cleanse your crystals periodically, as needed. At first, you might want to cleanse them according to a regular schedule, such as with every other new moon. But as you develop a close connection with your crystals' energies, you'll probably sense when it is time to cleanse them to release negative energies and recharge the crystals with fresh light and energy.