Cool as could be, this drink from Remedy Teas highlights the flavor of Japanese green tea with the double cooling action of peppermint and cucumber. This fresh-tasting, super-hydrating combo puts the chill on from the inside out. They recommend Japanese green tea as a base for its fresh, clean, green taste that pairs perfectly with cool cucumber and mint.
- Combine all ingredients except ice and sliced cucumber in a large pitcher or bowl.
- Cover the pitcher or bowl and chill the mixture for several hours.
- When the mixture is well chilled, strain the mint and cucumber if you like.
- Add ice to each glass and garnish rim with sliced cucumbers (and mint if desired). Cucumber also looks nice in the glass not just on the rim.
- To brew Japanese Green Tea, use 1 tsp tea leaves per 1 cup 160 degrees Fahrenheit water. Brew for 1 to 3 minutes and strain the tea leaves. Japanese green teas tend to be fresh and oceanic. China green teas tend to be smokier and nuttier. Look for a tea that is more fresh and green and less smoky and nutty.
- To make Simple Syrup, Boil 1:1 ratio of sugar to water and boil to dissolve on the stove, then chill. Or use agave, honey or alternative sweetener. Keep it light.
- If in the mood for spirits, Sake and vodka pair well with this green tea treat. Add a couple cups (to taste, desired level) of cold sake or vodka to create an adult version of this drink.
- For extra wow-factor, garnish with a rosemary twig for aromatics and visual appeal.