These cucumber sandwiches make a great school lunch or party food for a kids' tea party. What makes these cucumber tea sandwiches the best cucumber sandwiches you'll ever taste is the seasoning for the cream cheese.
You can make this recipe for cucumber sandwiches with or without the cut-outs, but kids seem to like the cutouts. Look for aspic cutters (compare prices) to make the cutouts for these cucumber tea sandwiches.
- 8 slices bread
- 4 Tbsp. cream cheese
- 1/8 tsp. pepper (lemon pepper)
- 1/8 tsp. salt (sea)
- 1/8 tsp. garlic powder
- 1/8 tsp. onion powder
- 1/2 medium cucumber (peeled and cut into thin slices)
- With a 3-inch round cookie cutter or biscuit cutter, cut bread slices into circles. With an aspic cutter, make a decorative cut out of the center of 4 of the bread slices.
- Mix cream cheese, lemon pepper, sea salt, garlic powder, and onion powder together.
- Spread 1 Tbsp. of the mixture on the 4 bread slices that do not have center cutouts. Top each with several cucumber slices.
- Sprinkle just a pinch (no more!) of sea salt on top of the cucumber slices. Top with the 4 bread slices with the decorative cutouts.