The Bottom Line
Cuisinart is, of course, synonymous with quality kitchen appliances. Now they have an outdoor portable gas grill. This unit is built, in many ways, like a small version of a full sized gas grill. The single stainless steel tubular burner runs around the firebox providing pretty even heating (mine is hot in the front left corner). The grill generates good heat output and is certainly hot enough for most any grilling task.
With the vegetable tray (basically a grill topper for small foods) you get a lot of versatility out of a small but powerful gas grill.
- High heat output for a portable grill
- Large cooking area
- Good grease management
- Grills like a full sized grill
- Foldout side tables are thin and a little awkward
- Flame tamer is thin porcelain steel
- Heavy for a portable (40 pounds)
- 240 square inches cooking area
- 12,000 BTU maximum output from a singular loop burner
- 40 pounds total weight
- 304 stainless steel burner with 430 stainless hood and side tables
- Porcelain coated cast iron cooking grate
- Large fold-out side tables
- Uses standard one pound disposable propane bottles
- On knob piezoelectric igniter
- Comes with a 120 square inch grill wok for small items and vegetables
- Mad in China
Guide Review - Cuisinart All Foods Portable Gas Grill
As more and more people find themselves living in places where a full sized grill just won't do, they are forced to turn to smaller, portable grills.
This means more and more portable grills on the market and this year we get Cuisinart's entry into outdoor cooking. The "All Food Gas Grill" by Cuisinart is a large, powerful portable grill designed more for the small patio than the backwoods.
While not exactly an inspired design the Cuisinart Portable Gas Grill cooks well and is a good looking grill.
It produces fairly even heat, something many portables have trouble doing. The two stainless steel side tables fold under the hood making it easier to carry and store. These tables are a little flimsy and awkward to maneuver but are a nice feature. The body construction is largely painted steel so this unit won't take a lot of punishment but well cared for it should last for many years.
From a cooking standpoint, this is an excellent portable gas grill. The 12,000 BTU burner produces enough heat for most anything you want to grill and the relatively heavy porcelain coated cast iron cooking grate gives you good grill marks. No, this grill won't sear a steak at super high temperatures, but you can still make a great steak with it. The dual layer hood keeps the outside cool and the drip pan collects a good amount of grease so you shouldn't need to clean it out while in use, but you will want to clean up this grill after each use.