Most store-bought pancake mixes contain dairy products such as buttermilk powder, casein, nonfat milk powder or whey, among others. While I almost always prefer to make homemade dairy-free pancakes with mixes I've made and set aside myself, there are times that I just don't feel like sifting, measuring or mixing and sometimes I find myself out of some staple ingredient like baking powder or flour and have no desire to go the store.
For those kinds of mornings in the dairy-free kitchen, these dairy-free pancake mixes have come in handy:
- Arrowhead Mills Buckwheat Pancake & Waffle mix
- Arrowhead Mills Kamut Pancake & Waffle Mix
- Arrowhead Mills Wild Rice Pancake & Waffle Mix
- Arrowhead Mills Oat Bran Pancake & Waffle Mix
- Bob's Red Mill 7-Grain Pancake & Waffle Mix
- Bob's Red Mill Organic High Fiber Pancake Mix