Perfect for gifts or pantry sweets, this is a dairy-free confection favorite.
Makes about 30-35 servings.
- 1 3/4 cups dairy-free soy margarine
- 2 cups white granulated sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 cups dark dairy-free chocolate chips
- 1 cup chopped pecans, walnuts or almonds
- Line a large rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper or wax paper. Set aside.
- In a large, heavy-bottomed saucepan over medium-high heat, heat the dairy-free soy margarine, sugar, salt and vanilla, stirring well to dissolve the sugar. Bring the mixture to a boil and cook for 9-10 minutes, or until the mixture is dark amber in color.
- Pour the mixture onto the prepared sheet. Sprinkle the dark dairy-free chocolate chips over the top of the toffee mixture and allow the chocolate to melt.
- Once the chocolate has melted, use a large, flat spatula to spread the chocolate in a smooth, even layer. Sprinkle the nuts evenly onto the chocolate and refrigerate until set. Break into pieces. Toffee will store in an airtight container for 2-3 weeks.