Pudding is one of those easy and quick comforting desserts that can be prepared anytime of the week, and it can be enjoyed as an afterschool sweet snack or as a lunch or dinner dessert. This dairy-free pudding recipe is always a hit, and it's easy to dress up with fruit, chocolate chips or any spices that you like!
- 2/3 cups white granulated sugar
- ¼ t. salt
- ¼ cup cornstarch
- 2 ½ cups unsweetened plain almond milk or other non-dairy milk alternatives
- 4 large egg yolks
- 1 t. vanilla extract
- In a small saucepan, whisk together the sugar and salt.
- In a small dish, combine the cornstarch with 2 T. of the almond milk, mixing until dissolved. Add the cornstarch mixture, remaining almond milk and eggs to the saucepan, whisking until combined.
- Cook the pudding over medium heat, stirring constantly, until mixture thickens and bubbles just begin to form on the surface.
- Whisking constantly, turn down the heat to low and cook for about 1 minute more.
- Pour the pudding through a fine sieve into a heatproof dish and stir in the vanilla extract.
- Place plastic wrap directly on the surface of the pudding and chill at least 2 hours before serving.