Danielle Centoni is a James Beard Award-winning food writer and editor based in Portland, Oregon. She has authored five cookbooks and contributed editorial work and recipe testing to half a dozen more. She’s the mother of two tween/teen girls, two black cats, and one foster bunny. When she’s not cooking or writing, she can usually be found on a hiking trail, in a bookstore or on the hunt for great pastries.
- She's a writer for print and online outlets including TheKitchn.com, Rachael Ray Every Day, Conde Nast Traveler, Epicurious, and Bon Appetit
- Danielle is a recipe developer for brands and magazines including Better Homes and Gardens and EatingWell
- She is the author of five cookbooks, including Portland Cooks and Fried Rice
- Danielle has been writing for The Spruce since December 2018
Danielle has worked as a staff editor and writer for the Oakland Tribune, The Oregonian, Imbibe Magazine, MIX Magazine, and Eater Portland, where her work earned a James Beard Journalism Award in 2016.
Danielle earned a Bachelor’s in English literature from Smith College.
- I Tried Out Martha Stewart’s Electric Multi-Cooker—Here’s What I Thought, The Kitchn
- We Know Why Restaurant Fried Rice Always Tastes Better, Epicurious
- How to Turn Any Veggie Into Slaw, Rachael Ray Every Day
About The Spruce
The Spruce, a Dotdash brand, is a new kind of home website offering practical, real-life tips and inspiration to help you create your best home. The Spruce family of brands, including The Spruce, The Spruce Eats, The Spruce Pets, and The Spruce Crafts collectively reach 30 million people each month.
For more than 20 years, Dotdash brands have been helping people find answers, solve problems, and get inspired. We are one of the top-20 largest content publishers on the Internet according to comScore, a leading Internet measurement company, and reach more than 30% of the U.S. population every month. Our brands collectively have won more than 20 industry awards in the last year alone and, most recently, Dotdash was named Publisher of the Year by Digiday, a leading industry publication.