- 2 apples
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour, 11 1/4 ounces
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 cup butter
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1 cup chopped dates
- Preheat the oven to 350 F.
- Grease a Grease and flour a 9-by-5-by-3-inch loaf pan.
- Peel, core, and chop the apples; measure 1 1/2 cups.
- In a bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, salt, cinnamon, and nutmeg.
- In a mixing bowl with an electric mixer, cream the butter with sugar; beat in eggs.
- Beat the flour mixture into the creamed mixture, alternating with the milk and ending with the flour mixture.
- Fold the dates and chopped apple into the batter.
- Spread the batter in the prepared loaf pan.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 1 hour and 15 minutes, or until a wooden pick or cake tester inserted in center comes out clean. Cool in pan for 10 minutes.
- Turn out onto a rack to cool completely.
- Makes about 8 servings.
Light and Easy Butter Pecan Bread
Peanut Butter Banana Bread
Pineapple Nut Bread