The Bottom Line
This is like a subcompact Ferrari. The smallest of the DCS (Dynamic Cooking Systems) grills, but at 565 square inches of total grilling space, it's not that small. The attention to detail and superior construction make this one of the best grills on the market. You really can't go wrong with this one and it's hard to think of anything bad to say about it other than it is a stripped down basic model of this grill line.
This unit is really designed for custom enclosures with loads of accessories and extras to make a complete outdoor kitchen.
- Incredible Design
- Fantastic Grilling abilities
- Powerful burners for great temperatures
- A very expensive grill
- No hood mounted thermometer
- Two high-precision W-shape stainless steel 25,000 BTU burners
- 460 square inches of primary cooking area for a total of 565 square inches
- 50,000 BTU maximum output from the main burners
- 14,000 BTU rear mounted infrared rotisserie burner with full kit rated at 50-pounds
- Complete heavy 304 type stainless steel construction
- Electronic igniter
- Internal 50-Watt halogen light
- High-temperature ceramic briquette barrier
- Lifetime warranty
- Available add-on features include side burners and full rotisserie kits
- Sold natural gas or propane - convertible
- Made in the United States
Guide Review - DCS 30-inch Professional Model# BGB30-BQR
DCS (Dynamic Cooking Systems) makes some of the best professional cooking equipment in the world and their gas grills are no different.
While this is the smallest of their grills with very little in the way of extras, it is a fantastic unit and beautiful to look at. I mean, just look at the picture.
The superior design of the W-shaped ported stainless steel burners gives maximum heat output at a relatively low BTU rating. The control valves are highly adjustable, giving you a great range of heat control.
The extra thick 304-type stainless steel provides not only a beautiful finish but great heat retention and insulation.
The powerful rotisserie system on this grill can hold 50-pounds or meat without struggling. You can put pretty much anything you want on this spit as long as it isn't wider than about 28 inches.
While hood mounted thermometers are seldom very accurate, they do serve a purpose. This model does not have this feature, making it a little harder to gauge temperatures or to quickly see that the grill is hot and running.