The Bottom Line
This is like a subcompact Ferrari. The smallest of the DCS (Dynamic Cooking Systems) grills, but at about 500 square inches of primary grilling space, it's not that small. The attention to detail and superior construction make this one of the best grills on the market. You really can't go wrong with this one and it's really hard to think of anything bad to say about it other than that this is a stripped down basic model of this grill line.
- Incredible Design
- Fantastic Grilling abilities
- Powerful burners for great temperatures
- Complete 304 stainless steel construction
- At 30 inches across this is a pretty small grill
- No hood mounted thermometer
- Two high-precision U-shape stainless steel 25,000 BTU burners
- 575 square inches of primary cooking area for a total of 759 square inches
- 50,000 BTU total output from the main burners
- 14,000 BTU rear mounted infrared rotisserie burner with full rotisserie kit
- Heavy duty 304 stainless Steel cooking grates
- Built in grill light
- Complete heavy 304 type stainless steel construction
- Stainless Steel radiant baffling
- Convertible between propane and natural gas with additional equipment
- Electric ignition
- Made in the United States
Guide Review - DCS 30" Professional Outdoor Gas Grill
DCS (Dynamic Cooking Systems) makes some of the best professional cooking equipment in the world and their gas grills are no different.
While this is the smallest of their grills with very little in the way of extras it is a fantastic grill and beautiful to look at. I mean, just look at the picture.
The superior design of the U-shaped ported stainless steel burners gives maximum heat output at a relatively low number of BTUs. The slightly more than 575 square inches of primary cooking space is heated by two 25,000 BTU burners.
The control valves are highly adjustable, giving you a great range of heat control. The extra thick 304-type stainless steel provides not only a beautiful finish but great heat retention and insulation.
This grill is available in propane and natural gas and usually sold head only, meaning that you don't get the cart to hold it up. But at a few thousand dollars you might as well go all the way and have it put into a custom enclosure.
While hood mounted thermometers are seldom an accurate measurement of the cooking temperature of a grill, they are a good guide and this model lacks this basic accessory which isn't very helpful.