The Bottom Line
This is a beautiful grill with everything. While smaller in size, it still offers everything including a full rotisserie unit, advanced ignition system, independent smoker tray and three 25,000 BTU burners. It is also very cool to look at. The finish on this stainless steel grill is beautiful, but this is a serious grill that cooks well enough for the pros.
- Incredible Design
- Internal Lighting
- Excellent Grease Management
- Powerful burners for great temperatures
- No hood mounted thermometer
- Three U-shape stainless steel 25,000 BTU burners depending on configuration
- 638 square inches of primary grilling space for a total cooking area of 879 square inches
- 75,000 BTU total output from the main burners
- Stainless Steel cooking grates
- Electric ignition
- 3,500 BTU smoker burner under a removable smoker tray
- Built in grill light
- Complete heavy 304 type stainless steel construction
- Stainless Steel radiant baffling
- Convertible between propane and natural gas with option equipment
- Made in the United States
Guide Review - DCS 36-inch Professional Gas Grill Insert
DCS (Dynamic Cooking Systems) makes some of the best professional cooking equipment in the world and their line of professional gas grills is no different. This 36-inch grill gives you plenty of grilling area (about 500 primary square inches) with 75,000 BTUs of power.
This grill can definitely put out the heat.
The superior design of the U-shaped ported stainless steel burners gives maximum heat output at a relatively low number of BTUs. The up to 645 square inches of total cooking space is heated by three 25,000 BTU burners. The control valves are highly adjustable, giving you a great range of heat control.
The extra thick 304-type stainless steel provides not only a beautiful finish but great heat retention and insulation. The design is also superior. In my opinion, DCS makes some of the best-looking grills in the world.
This grill is really built to be inserted into a custom enclosure. The firebox is extremely safe and the unit makes any custom outdoor kitchen look great. The durability of the components means you won't need to replace this unit for a long time.
One annoyance is the lack of a hood mounted thermometer. True, these are seldom accurate, but they are a good indication that the grill is hot.