The Bottom Line
This is truly a beautiful looking gas grill. With up to 861 square inches of cooking space and 100,000 BTUs depending on the configuration, you choose this grill is big enough and powerful enough for the largest parties. The quality stainless steel construction is fantastic. If you've got the money this grill is a great choice. Options include 2 17,000 BTU side burners and a full rotisserie system with the infrared rear mounted burner.
- Incredible Design
- Fantastic Grilling abilities
- Powerful burners for great temperatures
- No hood mounted thermometer
- Three or Four high precision U-shape stainless steel 25,000 BTU burners depending on configuration
- Up to 861 square inches of total grilling space
- As much as 100,000 BTUs of total output from the main burners depending on configuration
- Double sided stainless steel cooking grates
- Electric ignition
- Built in grill light
- Complete heavy 304 type stainless steel construction
- Stainless Steel radiant baffling
- Lifetime warranty on most parts
- Optional two 17,000 BTU side burner configuration
- Convertible between propane and natural gas with additional equipment
- Made in the United States by Fisher and Paykel
Guide Review - DCS 48" Professional Outdoor
DCS (Dynamic Cooking Systems) makes some of the best professional cooking equipment in the world and their gas grills are no different.
This is the largest of their grills and comes either as a full grill or split with two 17,000 BTU side burners on cart It is a fantastic grill and beautiful to look at.
The superior design of the U-shaped ported stainless steel burners give maximum heat output at relatively low number of BTUs. The up to 861 square inches of total cooking space is heated by three or four 25,000 BTU burners.
You lose a burner and cooking space is you choose the side burner configuration. If you are planning on building this into and enclosure you can mount side burners to the side of the grill and retain the full cooking area. The control valves are highly adjustable, giving you a great range of heat control. The extra thick 304-type stainless steel provides not only a beautiful finish but great heat retention and insulation.
This grill is available in propane and natural gas and usually sold head only, meaning that you don't get the cart to hold it up. But at a several thousand dollars, you might as well go all the way and have it put into a custom enclosure.
While hood mounted thermometers are not an accurate measure of the cooking temperature of a gas grill, they are a useful indication. This grill lacks this basic feature, making it a little harder to use.