Deep-frying gives the tofu a golden color and a crispy texture in this easy to make tofu recipe. Dipping suggestions for the deep fried tofu are included at the bottom of the recipe directions. Serves 3 to 4.
More Tofu Recipes
- 1 pound medium or firm tofu
- 3 - 4 tablespoons cornstarch or flour, as needed
- Oil for deep frying, as needed
Directions for Deep fried Tofu:
1. Drain the tofu.
2. Cut the tofu into 4 large triangles or cubes as desired.
3. Roll the tofu in the cornstarch or flour.
4. Heat wok and add oil for deep frying. When the oil is heated to at least 350 degrees F., carefully add 2 tofu pieces into the wok.
5. Fry, stirring occasionally until the tofu is golden on both sides. Remove with a slotted spoon and drain on paper towels.
Keep warm while frying the remaining tofu. Serves 4.