This is a very simple rub, but it's hot. Try using medium or mild chili powder to tone it down a little. This barbecue rub is a great way to add flavor and some heat to pork ribs.
- 1 cup/240 mL chili powder (hot)
- 1/4 cup/60 mL garlic salt
- 2 tablespoons/30 mL onion powder
- 1 tablespoon/15 mL pepper (fresh, ground)
- 1 tablespoon/15 mL cayenne
1. Mix all ingredients together. Store in an airtight container and keep in a cool and dark place. Can be stored for up to 6 months after preparation.
2. Apply rub evenly over ribs. The general rule is what sticks is the perfect amount.
Use this rub for: