These simple, classic deviled eggs are flavored with sweet relish and a little mustard. Add as much or as little mayonnaise as you like.
- 6 hard-cooked eggs
- 1 to 1 1/2 tablespoons mayonnaise, or to moisten
- 1 teaspoon prepared mustard, or to taste
- 2 tablespoons sweet pickle relish, or to taste
- salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- Peel the eggs carefully and cut them in half lengthwise. Set the halves on a platter or egg tray. If you cut a very thin slice from the bottom of the eggs, they will not wobble.
- Remove and mash the yolks; combine 1 1/2 tablespoons of mayonnaise, mustard, and relish. Taste and add salt and pepper, as needed. Add more mayonnaise, if desired.
- Refill the centers of the egg halves with the yolk mixture. Garnish with a sprinkling of ground paprika.
Makes 12 halves for 6 servings.