Each June, Georgia yard sale shoppers spend the weekend hunting for bargains at the Dixie Highway 90-Mile Sale, or as many call it, the Dixie Highway Yard Sale. If you love yard sales and road trips this trip is a must. The sale usually happens the first weekend of June but make sure to check the website to make sure.
The Dixie Highway Yard Sale spans 90 miles from Marietta to Ringgold, with 13 participating communities in all.
- Marietta, Georgia to Ringgold, Georgia
- 90 miles across northwest Georgia
- Route follows the Historic Dixie Highway, officially known now as U.S. Highway 41
- 13 participating communities
Days and Times:
- Held annually on the first full weekend of each June
- Friday through Sunday
- Typical times are from 7:00 a.m. to dusk, though individual sales can vary
Upcoming Dixie Highway Yard Sale Dates:
- 2018 Dates: June 1, 2, and 3rd
- 2019 Dates: June 7, 8, and 9th
Dixie Highway Yard Sale Shopping Tips:
- Keep an eye out for food and drink vendors along the route. When you're treasure hunting, you don't have time to sit in a restaurant.
- Watch for yard sale signs pointing the way to off-highway sales, especially as you travel through cities and towns along the route.
- If you're traveling to the Dixie Highway Yard Sale from another area, here are some options for lodging along the yard sale route.
- View the official listings for huge group sales and flea markets scheduled to take place along the Dixie Highway in conjunction with the yard sale event.
- Wear comfortable lightweight clothing and take lots of sunscreen to protect your skin. Georgia in June means super-hot temperatures.
- Feel free to haggle for lower prices on things you like with hefty price tags. You'll likely have the most luck haggling on the last day of the yard sale. The sellers will be tired and ready to have that merchandise gone.
- Read Highway Yard Sale Shopping Tips before you head to the sale and make sure you take your treasure hunting tool kit. You'll be prepared to shop like a professional picker.
- Have your car serviced before you hit the road, and make sure your air conditioner is working. You do not want to stranded on a southern highway in the summer heat.
- If you intend to buy things like records remember to crack your car windows or risk your records warping in the summer heat.
- Sign up for the Dixie Highway 90-Mile Sale newsletter for updates as the event plans progress each year.
Selling at the Dixie Highway Yard Sale:
- If you'd like to participate as a seller, but you're located too far away, check the Dixie Highway Yard Sale's Facebook Notes page for vendor spaces you can rent along the route.