01 of 07
Apple Shaped Pipe Cleaners
Fall time is here, and apple season is upon us. We love to make things with apples, bake things with apples, and make craft into apple shapes! So many fun crafts and ideas can be created with these fun and festive shapes.
Today we're making some simple apples shaped out of pipe cleaners. Remember how pipe cleaners are my favorite kid craft supply and such an easy and fun way to be creative? How about crafting a few pipe cleaners into some cute apple shapes?Continue to 2 of 7 below.
02 of 07
Supplies for Apple Shaped Pipe Cleaners
Supplies for Apple Shaped Pipe Cleaners:
Continue to 3 of 7 below.
- pipe cleaners - red, yellow, green, brown
03 of 07
Step 1: Apple Shaped Pipe Cleaners
1. Take one long pipe cleaner and twist the two ends together to form a circle. Bend the circle into an apple shape.
Note: use the red, yellow, or green pipe cleaner to represent an apple.Continue to 4 of 7 below.
04 of 07
Step 2: Apple Shaped Pipe Cleaners
2. Cut a brown and green piece of pipe cleaner into thirds.
These will be for the stem and leaf.Continue to 5 of 7 below.
05 of 07
Step 3: Apple Shaped Pipe Cleaners
3. Bend the brown pipe cleaner around the top of the red apple shape. Twist the brown end together to form a straight stem.Continue to 6 of 7 below.
06 of 07
Step 4: Apple Shaped Pipe Cleaners
4. Bend the green pipe cleaner around the brown stem and twist the two green ends together. Form a oval/leaf shape out of the green. This is your apple's leaf!Continue to 7 of 7 below.
07 of 07
Finished Apple Shaped Pipe Cleaners
Now you're finished and can celebrate fall!
Here's a few ways to use your new apple shaped pipe cleaners:
- Play a toss game with these apples, trying to land one of the apples around a bottle like a carnival game.
- Add twine or fishing line to the top of each apple and create a mobile to hang around the home for decor.
- Wrap twine or another pipe cleaner to the side of each pipe cleaner to attach them all together in a line. They can be propped up onto a frame or mantle for a decoration.
How... ever you use your new cute apples, have fun!