Nothing puts a damper on a soothing, steamy shower like lathering up in questionable chemicals. Trade the store-bought body wash for this homemade formula. Made from water, basic bar soap and coconut milk and stored in a reusable bottle, it's a kinder cleanser for your skin, your wallet, and the environment.
Difficulty Level: Easy
Time Required: 15 Minutes
Supplies You'll Need
Bar of soap, your choice (You can use as many bars as you'd like, depending on how much body wash you plan to make)
Coconut milk (optional)
Spoon (for stirring)
DIY Body Wash Instructions
1. Grate the soap into a bowl.
2. Add the grated soap to a soup pot over yours stove. Turn the burner on to medium-low heat.
3. Add 4 cups of water to the pot for each bar of soap that you grate. So 1 bar of soap would require 4 cups of water, 2 bars of soap would require 8 cups of water, and so on.
4. Warm the mixture, stirring as needed, until the soap dissolves and the mixture appears milky.
5. Optional step: Add 1 cup of coconut milk to make a moisturizing soft soap.
6. Let the mixture cool and transfer to either a pump-handle container or a closed cap container. You may opt to use a funnel to avoid making a mess. Tip: Save your empty plastic shampoo or lotion bottles, which are perfect to clean and reuse for your homemade body wash.