Much like when you reach the last roll of toilet paper or the moment you scrape the bottom of a peanut butter jar, you might feel like you're always down to the last dryer sheet. Skip the shopping trip this time around (and every time thereafter!) and make your own dryer sheets.
Watch Now: DIY Dryer Sheets
How to Make Dryer Sheets
All you need for endless loads of super-soft laundry is a sponge (or a few), water, fabric softener and a sealed container. No trash required—these never-ending DIY laundry sheets are built to last, they're easy on your wallet, and it's an easy way to be greener at home.
Difficulty Level: Easy
Time Required: 10 Minutes
Supplies You'll Need
- 1 cup of liquid fabric softener
- 2 cups of water
- 4 sponges
- Resealable container
- Mix the fabric softener and water in the resealable container.
- Cut the sponges in half and place them in the container. Let them soak up the liquid completely.
- The next time you do a load of laundry, take one sponge out. Squeeze the sponge over the container to remove any excess fabric softener. Place the sponge in the dryer with your laundry just like you would a normal dryer sheet.
- Once your laundry is done, place the sponge back into the container for another time. You can reuse them endlessly. Just be sure to replace the water and fabric softener every 2 to 3 months.