Many couples never even consider hiring a professional wedding planner, not realizing that having outside, additional help can save the both of them time, aggravation, and even money. Whether you and your future spouse are behind in your wedding planning or just looking for some general guidance, our easy checklist below will help you find out if you need a wedding planner for your big day. If you say "yes" more than "no" to the following scenarios, then a wedding planner is likely right up your alley!
Wedding Planner Checklist
You might need a wedding planner if:
- You are way behind on your wedding checklist and schedule
- You both work full-time jobs that will prevent you from meeting with vendors on weekdays
- You do not have other outside help such as an involved mother-of-the-bride, helpful bridesmaids, or knowledgeable friends
- You do not know many people who can give you reliable vendor recommendations
- You are having a destination wedding
- There are personality conflicts between the couple, their parents, and/or other people
- You're excited to be married, but just thinking about wedding planning fills you with dread
- You are having a very short engagement
- You can envision your wedding, but you have no idea how to make your dreams come true
- You can not even envision your wedding at all
- You are feeling overwhelmed, stressed, and generally wishing that you had decided to elope
- After reading online wedding advice, you still wish that you had someone to give you personal advice and leadership
When Should I Go Ahead and Get a Wedding Planner?
If you have checked off one or more of the above options, you should at the very least investigate hiring a wedding planner. Of course, if you are looking to save money, this may be an expense that you can avoid entirely. However, keep in mind that because of inside connections and experience, wedding planners have the toolset to avoid common mistakes. Hiring a wedding planner might be the most cost-effective move, in the end, to save you from troubles and make the entire wedding process seamless and easy.
How Can a Designated Planner Help Me?
Wedding planners have professional and advanced experience in all aspects of wedding planning, from helping couples to set up realistic wedding budgets to putting together overall blueprints with details on how the wedding day will go. From photography to catering and flowers to the music playlist, wedding planners keep you and your ceremony organized all while lessening your stress. It is amazing what wedding planners do, and you can consider the cost of wedding planners when you are deciding if you should hire some outside help.
Another benefit to hiring a wedding planner is they typically help to plan and book your honeymoon inside of your wedding planner package, including travel plans. It is best to look into wedding planners in your local area, ask for referrals and find a wedding planner that meets your personal expectations.