The Doc is in -- and the party is on! If your child is a fan of the Disney channel’s favorite little fixer of broken toys, these Doc McStuffins party ideas may be the remedy for a very happy birthday.
01 of 07
Use a photo of your child dressed like Doc McStuffins, or wearing a doctor’s coat and stethoscope for the party invitations.
More invitation ideas:
- Free, printable Doc McStuffins themed party invitations from Disney Family.com
- Doc McStuffins coloring pages
- Cut out the image of your child’s favorite character and trace it onto cardstock. Let the birthday child color in the picture and decorate the invitation.
Don’t forget to add a note asking guests to bring their favorite stuffed friends!
02 of 07
For your party, arrange an area to resemble Doc McStuffins’ clinic. A backyard playhouse like the one Doc uses is a good option, but if you don’t have one, you could use a pop-up play tent, screen room dividers or even create a makeshift partition with sheets. The idea is to have a place where the animals can “come to life” without any witnesses.
Once space is created, a small table for examining the patients is all you really need. Something with a flat surface, such as a child-sized table, a doll's bed or even an overturned cardboard box can serve as the exam table.
03 of 07
Your child may wish to dress like Doc McStuffins, which would mean a purple striped shirt and a white doctor’s coat. For girls, add a pink skirt and headband to the ensemble. You may encourage guests to come dressed as Doc, or even as their favorite characters.
Another fun option is to give out lab coats to kids as they arrive. These can simply be white, button down shirts in a large size or white painters’ smocks. Child-sized aprons that have pockets in which to place the doctor’s tools are another option.
A toy doctor’s kit is something you may already have in your child’s collection of playthings. This can be shared among guests as they treat the stuffed animals, or you may purchase a toy doctor’s kit for each guest and use them as the party favors as well.
Another idea is to have kids make their own Doc McStuffins doctor kits as a party craft.
04 of 07
Use pink and purple balloons, streamers and tableware to decorate in a Doc McStuffins color scheme. Additional decorating ideas include:
Continue to 5 of 7 below.
- On the door to the party space, hang a sign that reads, “The Doc is in.”
- Make Doc McStuffins’ character cutouts to hang around the party space, along with character coloring pages.
- Scatter plenty of stuffed animals around the party area, including a lamb, hippo, dragon, and snowman to represent the main characters.
05 of 07
Crafts and Games
With the clinic all set-up, doctor’s tools in hand and stuffed animals in tow, guests are ready for some Doc McStuffins role-play Have them take turns playing the various roles of Doc, Hallie, Lambie, Chilly and Stuffy, who all assist in the treating of the “patients.” Give them a “Big Book of Boo-Boos” (purple-covered, spiral notebook with a pink heart drawn on the cover) and some adhesive bandages that have been adorned with heart stickers. Additional crafts and games suggestions include:
- Make Doc McStuffins headbands.
- Make Doc McStuffins’ stethoscopes and heart bandages.
- Doc McStuffins coloring pages.
- Doc McStuffins stick puppets.
- Make small versions of the “Big Books of Boo-Boos.”
- Stuffed animal obstacle course (players race to see who can get their “patient” through the course and to the clinic first).
06 of 07
Doc McStuffins party foods may be inspired by the show’s characters. Pizza is a kids’ party favorite, so perhaps a “McStuffed” crust variety would do. Additional Ideas for your party menu include:
- Stuffy shells (stuffed shells).
- Lambie cake.
- Hallie-dogs (hot dogs).
- Chilly-Chili (or use the name Chilly in conjunction with additional cold foods such as snow cones or ice cream.
07 of 07
In addition to the doctor’s kits or any crafts made at the party, suggestions for Doc McStuffins party favors are:
- Adhesive bandages.
- Heart stickers.
- Mini clipboards (painted with the names of guests, such as Doc McJenny).
- Miniature plush animals.