This Double Anise Biscotti makes a great cookie to give away as holiday gifts to friends, family, and coworkers. It's not too sweet and the anise flavor is subtle enough to go with any flavored tea or coffee.
- Preheat to 350 F. Line baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Mix flour, baking powder, and salt with a wire whisk. Cream sugar and butter.
- Add eggs one at a time. Mix in anise extract and ground seeds.
- Gradually add flour mixture until well combined. Add and hand stir almonds.
- Divide dough in half. Shape into logs or any desired shape and place on sheet.
- Bake until golden brown, about 30 min. Cool completely, about 25 min.
- Slice logs diagonally. Discard parchment and place log slices cut-side down on the baking sheet. Bake 12 minutes. Turn and bake 8 min. or until just beginning to color. (Can be prepared one week ahead. Store in airtight container at room temperature.)