01 of 16
Dreamy Bathroom Design Ideas: Is One Right For YOUR Home?
Luxury and modern are defined in this bathroom design by an inclusion of the linen-look ceramic floor tiles, as well as the off-white glass field wall tiles laid in a grid pattern.
The freestanding bathroom vanity cabinet provides a feeling of airiness because it is mounted on legs rather than a squat base.Continue to 2 of 16 below.
02 of 16
Modern and Unique Bathroom Idea
Mosaic tile always works great in the bathroom, especially as a backsplash. Pair up this active mosaic tile with the smooth, sleek lines of a frameless mirror.
Continue to 3 of 16 below.
- Vessel sink.
- Cantilever wooden bathroom counter.
- Marazzi glass mosaic tiles, Opalie Marfil and Beige.
03 of 16
Bring the Seaside to Your Bathroom
Light and airy and green: this bathroom rocks the concept of seaside living...whether or not you live within sniffing distance of the ocean air.Continue to 4 of 16 below.
04 of 16
Take a Trip to the Mountains with This Inspired Cottage Bathroom
Get a woodsy feeling with this bathroom design idea, emphasizing the rich earthen colors from Valspar's Eddie Bauer Collection.
Continue to 5 of 16 below.
- Cast-iron tub. You can also buy acrylic "cast-iron" tubs.
- Valspar, Eddie Bauer Collection, Burnt Brick and Vanilla Bean.
05 of 16
Bathroom Design: a Study in Black and White
Cost-wise, you'll find lots to love with this bathroom design idea: improvising a ladder as a towel rack; 13" tile doing double duty as both floor field tile and as baseboard; simple, brushed nickel fixtures and accessories.
Continue to 6 of 16 below.
- Armstrong Suede 13" x 13" tile.
- Cast-iron or acrylic tub.
- Ladder as a towel rack.
- Contrasting floor tiles.
06 of 16
A Pretty Amazing Bathroom
Ah, we can dream, can't we? It's not so much the expense of the materials for this bathroom design idea; it's the square footage needed to make the idea a reality.
As it turns out, the lovely tile used here, by American Florim, is quite cost-effective.
Continue to 7 of 16 below.
- American Florim tile (inset), Navajo series.
- Frameless shower.
- Natural light via skylight over shower and tub.
07 of 16
Floating, Airy Bath Design Maximizes Natural Light
This bathroom design idea succeeds because nothing is as you might expect. There are no fixed-in-place cabinets. No pedestal sinks. No drop-in sinks.
Instead, we have plenty of free-standing furniture and soft textiles. A cantilevered sink supporting a simple vessel sink. And the wall tile comes up roughly five feet, culminating in a fancy listello.
Continue to 8 of 16 below.
- Cantilever counter.
- Vessel sink.
- Armstrong Perla Marble (Ceramic Tile) 13" x 13"
- Free-standing, glass door cabinet.
08 of 16
Greco-Roman Bathroom Design
From bathroom designer Kathi Dixon and Armstrong, a formal yet warm bathroom design idea, employing rich woods and heavy draperies.
Continue to 9 of 16 below.
- Greco-Roman style.
- Custom-built cabinets.
- Armstrong Cantera Mixta Sheet Vinyl Flooring
09 of 16
Bungalow Bathroom Design
Here's a bathroom design idea for traditional homes.
Continue to 10 of 16 below.
- Sconce lights.
- Pedestal sink.
- Beadboard wainscot.
- Antique bronze fixtures.
- Freestanding cabinet.
- Paint: Dutch Boy High Spirits C20-4 and White Trim
10 of 16
A Modern and Sleek Bathroom Design
Continue to 11 of 16 below.
- Tile from Merola.
- Open-front sink cabinet.
- Built-in sink.
11 of 16
Modern, Metal, and Mies Bathroom Design
About as cool and sophisticated as bathroom design ideas get. This design features black as a dominant color--in the door frame and tub--and brushed nickel as the metal of choice for the fixtures and accessories.
Continue to 12 of 16 below.
- Mies van der Rohe replica Barcelona chair.
- Translucent window.
- Black door frame (why must all door frames be white?).
- Armstrong Avignon Glazed Porcelain Floor Tile 13" x 13", Satin Finish
12 of 16
A Country Feeling, Wherever You Might Be
This is a bathroom design that fits in anywhere. Plenty of natural materials--plants, wicker, wood--balance out the less-than-natural resilient flooring. However, in a moist environment like a bathroom, organic materials rot and warp; sheet vinyl flooring perform well in these places.
Continue to 13 of 16 below.
- Copious house plants!
- Pedestal sink.
- Free-standing wicker furniture.
- Marble Whisp II Beige Swirl 6 ft. & 12 ft. Resilient Vinyl Sheet - Armstrong
13 of 16
A Perfect Bathroom for the Lil' Ones
These yellow and blue colors are enough to snazz up any kid's bathroom. And if you're an adult and want these colors too, we'll let you do so (and we won't let your secret out).
Continue to 14 of 16 below.
- 5 1/4" baseboards.
- Pedestal sink.
- Get details on the Valspar paint
14 of 16
Bathroom Design Idea. Mediterranean Sea Included.
A bathroom design from my favorite tile manufacturer, Hispano Azul.
Continue to 15 of 16 below.
- Tuareg tile, 23.6".
- A sleek, modern porcelain bathtub.
- Open shower.
- Teak shower floor.
- ...and a stunning view of the Mediterranean outside the windows.
15 of 16
A 5-Star Hotel Bathroom? Or Your Bathroom?
Continue to 16 of 16 below.
- Double pedestal sinks.
- Cast-iron tub.
- Tile: Armstrong Classically Marble Collection, Satin Finish, 13" x 13".
- Free-standing cabinet.
16 of 16
Elegant, Showy Italianate-Style Bathroom
Tile is the star of this bathroom design idea. With the two field tiles separated by a listello, this design makes for an elegant yet casual bathroom.
- Free-standing lamp, the same type you would put on your bedstand (who said you can't do this?).
- Two drop-in stainless steel sinks, 17 1/4 inches x 14 1/4 inches x 7 inches.
- Eleganza Laguna series tiles. Two different field tiles separated by a listello--a border tile.