The Bottom Line
This grill has been discontinued. Its closest replacement is the Ducane Meridian 24" 3-Burner.
This is an attractive grill designed by Weber, sold under the Ducane name through Home Depot, made in China. In the line of low priced complete stainless steel grills, this isn't a bad unit but it seems that it was designed to look good before it was designed to cook though it does have a couple of good features and a whole host of extras.
With a full rotisserie, side burner and good controls, you get everything with this grill, but the sacrifice for the price is the thickness of the metal.
- Complete Stainless Steel Construction
- 24/7 Support provided by Weber
- Attractive Design
- Lightweight components limit durability
- High ventilation design gives limited indirect grilling
- Low BTU output for the size
- Poor Side burner design
- Three lightweight 12,000 BTU stainless steel burners give 36,000 total BTUs.
- 450 square inches of primary cooking space with a total area of 624 square inches
- 12,000 BTU cast aluminum side burner under a flush cover
- 10,000 BTU infrared rear mounted rotisserie burner
- Full rotisserie kit standard
- Individual electronic igniters on every burner
- Total stainless steel construction
- Enclosed propane tank storage with a slide out tray
- Slide out drip pans
- Warranty and support provided by Weber who owns the Ducane name. Built under license for Home Depot.
Ducane 24" Stainless Steel 36,000 BTU Gas Grill Review
In the push to put out complete stainless steel grills for a low price comes this grill sold exclusively through Home Depot. The unit has design input from Weber who now owns Ducane, but was built under contract in China. This grill is designed for the consumer who doesn't look too deep but wants an attractive full function gas grill.
This Ducane comes standard with a covered side burner, full rotisserie kit with a rear mounted infrared burner, pull out drip pan, slide out propane tank rack and a thermometer in the hood. The three stainless steel burners put out 36,000 BTUs under 450 square inches of primary cooking space. It also looks very nice. This is an attractive unit and I am sure it will sell very well. Its greatest asset is the full 24/7 support and warranty provided by Weber. You shouldn't have any problems getting replacement parts for this unit, but make sure you've read the limited warranty.
The downfall of this grill is the lack of weight in the components. The burners are low gauge stainless steel. The body and hood are thin and the unit has loads of vents to let out heat so indirect grilling will be limited and the unit will not hold heat for long after the burners are off. Because of the light weight components, they may not last more than a few years before you need to replace them. The best component in the unit is the very heavy 3/8 inch rod stainless steel cooking grates. These should last a long time and give good grilling marks to your food.