Dulce de Leche Fudge is a fast and easy microwave fudge recipe with big flavor and a short ingredient list. This recipe may be basic, but the taste is not! It's and rich and creamy fudge, with a deep, caramelized taste from the dulce de leche. You can either buy dulce de leche at the store or make your own with this easy Dulce de Leche recipe. You'll want your dulce de leche to have a texture similar to sweetened condensed milk, meaning it is a thick, slow-flowing liquid.
- 18 oz. (3 cups) white chocolate chips
- 14 oz. dulce de leche, store-bought or homemade
- 2 oz. (4 Tbsp.) butter
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1 cup toasted pecans, coarsely chopped
1. Prepare an 8x8 pan by lining it with aluminum foil and spraying the foil with nonstick cooking spray.
2. In a large microwave-safe bowl, combine the white chocolate chips, dulce de leche, and butter. Microwave the chips in 30-second increments, stirring after every 30 seconds to prevent the chocolate from scorching. Continue to cook and stir until the white chocolate is melted and the fudge is smooth.
3. Add the vanilla and salt, and stir them in. If at any time it appears that the butter has separated (with an oily sheen on top of the candy) whisk vigorously until it comes back together.
4. Add the chopped pecans, and stir them in. Scrape the fudge into the prepared pan and smooth it into an even layer.
5. Place the fudge in the refrigerator to set for at least 2 hours. Once set, use a large sharp knife to cut it into 1-inch squares and serve at room temperature. Store Dulce de Leche Fudge in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to two weeks.