This recipe is designed for kids to bake. It's incredibly easy with no mixing involved. Canned fruits are dumped into a baking pan, topped with cake mix, butter, and nuts, then baked. The result is something in between a cake and a cobbler, and amazingly delicious. Adults will also love this recipe.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (325 for glass baking dish). Have a 9 by 13-inch baking pan ready.
- Dump undrained pineapple baking dish or pan and spread it out evenly.
- Using a spoon, dump globs of cherry pie filling evenly on top of the pineapple.
- Sprinkle the cake mix evenly over the cherry and pineapple layers.
- Cut butter into slices with a butter knife and place slices evenly over cake mix.
- Sprinkle nuts on top if you're using them.
- Bake for one hour. Use heavy oven mitts to remove the dump from the oven or let your older helper do it.
- To serve, scoop cake out with a large spoon like a cobbler, and dump it on a nice plate. A scoop of vanilla ice cream is delicious with dump cake. Serve warm or cold.