This recipe is designed for kids to bake. It's incredibly easy with no mixing involved. Canned fruits are dumped into a baking pan, topped with cake mix, butter, and nuts, then baked. The result is something in between a cake and a cobbler, and amazingly delicious. Adults will also love this recipe.
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (325 for glass baking dish). Have a 9 by 13-inch baking pan ready.
Dump undrained pineapple baking dish or pan and spread it out evenly.
Using a spoon, dump globs of cherry pie filling evenly on top of the pineapple.
Sprinkle the cake mix evenly over the cherry and pineapple layers.
Cut butter into slices with a butter knife and place slices evenly over cake mix.
Sprinkle nuts on top if you're using them.
Bake for one hour. Use heavy oven mitts to remove the dump from oven or let your older helper do it.
To serve, scoop cake out with a large spoon like a cobbler, and dump it on a nice plate. A scoop of vanilla ice cream is delicious with dump cake. Serve warm or cold.
Yield: about 10 to 12 servings
Suggested Related Recipes
• Bread Pudding Coffee Cake Recipe
• Choco Berry Nut Cake Mix Cookies Recipe
• Fuzzy Navel Upside-Down Cake Recipe
• Lemon Butter Chews Cookie Recipe
• Papaya Raisin Muffins or Bread Recipe
• Patriotic Cupcakes Recipe
• Pumpkin Carrot Raisin Cheesecake Bars Recipe
• Strawberry Cheesecake Brownie Bars Recipe