The Bottom Line
Home Depot seems to always think that the more burners the better and for people who think size means value, that might be a selling point. This model from Dyna-Glo is very similar to the five and four burner units sitting right next to it, but of course, that extra internal burner. While this unit has a good heat output, it is larger than most people will need and the same price as the five burner unit also available at Home Depot.
In fact, there is a four burner also available for $30USD less and that one doesn't have a side burner. It is enough to make me think that the size and number of main burners has no impact on price and that Home Depot sets price based solely on the number of features.
- Large gas grill with side burner
- Good heat output for the size
- Lightweight grill
- Lightweight internal components
- Too large for most people's needs
- Six 11,000 BTU stainless steel tubular burners
- 600 square inches of primary grilling area and 242 square inches of secondary grilling space for a total cooking area of 842 square inches
- 66,000 BTU maximum output from the main burners
- 12,000 BTU standard side burner under a flush mounted cover
- Total weight of 91 pounds
- Electronic (AA-Battery) ignition
- Porcelain-coated cast iron cooking grates
- Stainless steel and enameled steel construction
- A bottle opener mounted on the side table
- Cover and propane tank sold separately
- Available in propane and not convertible to natural gas
- Imported from China for GHP Group Inc. exclusively for Home Depot
Guide Review - Dyna-Glo 6-Burner Gas Grill Model# DGF600SSP
Home Depot ended its relationship with Char-Broil in 2014 and turned to Brinkmann to supply them with an endless array of cheap and basic gas grills.
Then, in 2015, Brinkmann went bankrupt (which isn't a real loss to the industry) and Home Depot was left with a big hole on their showroom floor. This hole is now being filled by the GHP Group, an importer of Chinese products for the US market. This line of grill has the virtue of generally being a better quality product than much of the competition.
This brings us to this giant of a gas grill. Simple in construction and weighing it at only 91 pounds, this is a lightweight and inexpensive gas grill that would benefit from being smaller, losing the side burner, and being made with better components. Just for reference, this gas grill is over five feet wide and that is a lot of grill for such a small amount of weight and price. Ultimately, this is sitting on the floor of most Home Depot Stores simply because it is very large and inexpensive and that is a major selling point for people who do little research and simply want something impressive for the patio. My recommendation is to spend more and get better quality or look for a much smaller and better built gas grill. Dyna-Glo has better models available for a similar price.
If I were looking that this grill I would be inclined to save the $30USD difference and purchase the Dyna-Glo 4-Burner Gas Grill Model# DGF493BNP-D which is a little smaller, doesn't have the side burner, but will do most everything this model does for less money.
The extra burner of this model and the increase in cooking space isn't really worth even the small price difference.
As always, when considering a gas grill in this price range, I strongly recommend considering a charcoal grill. You can get a great charcoal grill for less money that will last for much longer and all you are losing is a small amount of convenience.