The Bottom Line
The E-Z Que cradle rotisserie unit is a truly unique rotisserie kit. This system uses a half cylinder basket that hold foods easily and firmly without a spit. Since the food is controlled by the basket you don't need to worry about balancing the spit before you put it on the fire. And because there is not spit this is the best unit for rotisserie cooking roasts. You don't have to try and run that spit through a whole roast to get it on the spit.
Drop it in the basket, lock it down and cook.
- No counter balance or balancing required
- Easy to load a wide variety of foods
- Basket design eliminates threading foods on a spit
- Heavy 304 stainless steel construction
- Expensive for a rotisserie system
- 304 stainless steel construction on all parts
- Large basket space accommodates a lot of food
- Design eliminates the need for balance and lets the motor turn a heavy load
- Comes in a wide range of sizes and models to fit most gas or charcoal grills
- Largest unit is capable of turning a whole hog
- Motor can be plugged in or run on batteries
Guide Review - E-Z Que Cradle Rotisserie Review
This item has been discontinued.
The E-Z Que Cradle Rotisserie does away with the old spit system. You don't thread foods onto a rod with this rotisserie kit, you place it in a basket and lock it in place with a couple of locking arms. This holds the food in place without trying to punch a whole through things like whole roasts.
And because of the design, you don't have to worry about balancing the food. As long as it fits into the basket it's balanced. This makes this the easiest rotisserie system you can buy. The unit comes in a wide variety of sizes and configurations so you can get one for most any grill from a Weber Gas Grill to a Big Green Egg and most all higher end units.
You can even get a rotisserie system for use over campfires that comes with a battery operated motor.
The E-Z Que rotisserie unit is made completely from heavy 304 stainless steel that makes it durable and pretty easy to clean. While the unit requires some assembly (kind of like kids model kit) it is actually much easier to use than conventional rotisserie units and much higher in quality. Of course, this means that it costs more, but if you are serious about rotisserie cooking this is the unit you must have.
The E-Z Que is available also as part of a full grill unit. These rotisseries have become very popular with the barbecue circuit and are the perfect solution for those people who want to rotisserie whole hogs and lamb.