These easy coconut macaroons are super-easy to fix, and you only need 3 ingredients! These easy macaroons are a simple combination of flaked coconut, sweetened condensed milk, and flavoring. They're also gluten free!
Line the baking sheets with parchment paper and spray with nonstick cooking spray or use nonstick foil for best results.
The pictured macaroons were made using this recipe, but about 1/4 teaspoon of almond extract was added to them along with 2 teaspoons of extract.
For something a little different, take a look at these chocolate coconut macaroons.
- 5 1/2 cups sweetened flaked coconut, gently packed
- 1 can (14 ounces) sweetened condensed milk
- 2 to 3 teaspoons vanilla extract
- Heat the oven to 325 F (165 C/Gas 3), Line baking sheets with parchment paper or nonstick foil.
- Combine all ingredients in a bowl; blend well.
- Grease a teaspoon or cookie scoop or spray it with nonstick cooking spray.
- Using the teaspoon or cookie scoop, drop mounds of coconut mixture onto the prepared baking sheets.
- Bake for 10 to 12 minutes, until lightly browned around the edges.
- Remove to a wire rack to cool.
Tips and Variations
- Add 1 cup of chocolate or peanut butter chips to the mixture. Or add 1/2 cup of mini chocolate chips and 1/2 cup of finely chopped maraschino cherries or candied cherries.
- Add food coloring to the coconut mixture for holidays.
- For a festive look, add chopped candied red and green cherries along with 1/2 teaspoon of almond flavoring and 1 1/2 teaspoons of vanilla extract.
- Dip the bottoms of the cooled macaroons in melted chocolate — melt 1 cup of semisweet chocolate chips with 2 teaspoons of vegetable shortening. Or drizzle melted chocolate over the tops of the macaroons.
- Add 1 cup of chopped toasted pecans or walnuts to the coconut mixture.
- Add about 1/8 to 1/4 teaspoon of almond flavoring along with the vanilla extract.
- Mix in 1/2 cup of multicolored sprinkles before baking.