These easy coconut macaroons are made with only 3 ingredients.
Line the baking sheets with parchment paper and spray with nonstick cooking spray or use nonstick foil for best results.
The pictured macaroons were made with this recipe, but I added a few drops of almond flavoring along with the vanilla.
- 5 1/2 cups sweetened flaked coconut, gently packed
- 1 can (14 ounces) sweetened condensed milk
- 2 to 3 teaspoons vanilla extract
- Heat the oven to 325 F (165° C/Gas 3) , Line baking sheets with parchment paper or nonstick foil.
- Combine all ingredients in a bowl; blend well.
- Grease a teaspoon or cookie scoop or spray it with nonstick cooking spray.
- Using the teaspoon or cookie scoop, drop mounds of coconut mixture onto the prepared baking sheets.
- Bake for 10 to 12 minutes, until lightly browned around the edges.
- Remove to rack to cool.
Tips and Variations
- Add 1 cup of chocolate or peanut butter chips to the mixture.
- Add food coloring to the coconut mixture for holidays.
- Add chopped candied red and green cherries along with 1/2 teaspoon of almond flavoring and 1 1/2 teaspoons of vanilla extract.
- Dip the bottoms of the cooled macaroons in melted chocolate — melt 1 cup of semisweet chocolate chips with 2 teaspoons of vegetable shortening. Or drizzle melted chocolate over the tops of the macaroons.
- Add 1 cup of chopped pecans or walnuts to the coconut mixture.
- Add about 1/8 to 1/4 teaspoon of almond flavoring along with the vanilla extract.
You Might Also Like