This apricot recipe is an easy and delicious dessert. Canned apricots are pureed and combined with gelatin and sugar. The semi-set gelatin mixture is then combined with freshly whipped cream. This is an easy dessert your family will ask for again and again. Try it with peaches or pears!
- 1 can (16 ounces) apricot halves, drained
- 1 envelope unflavored gelatin, about 1 tablespoon
- 3 tablespoons cold water
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 1/2 cups heavy or whipping cream, whipped
- Place apricots in blender container; puree. In a small bowl, soften gelatin in the cold water.
- In a medium saucepan, combine apricot puree, gelatin, lemon juice, and sugar. Heat over low heat until gelatin and sugar are dissolved. Refrigerate for about 30 minutes.
- Fold in whipped cream; pour mixture into a 4-cup mold or bowl. Refrigerate apricot recipe until firm.
You Might Also Like