I love a dinner where most of the preparation time is spent in the oven with very little effort. Such is the case with this impossible cheeseburger pie. Occasionally, I make this impossible pie recipe with ground turkey instead of ground beef. Either way, it works great.
Serve this impossible cheeseburger pie with applesauce and corn pudding for a hearty meal the whole family will enjoy.
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1 large onion, diced
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 3/4 cup baking mix, such as Bisquick or Jiffy
- 1-1/2 cups milk
- 3 large eggs
- 3-4 strips bacon
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Spray a 9-inch pie plate or 8-inch square baking dish with cooking spray.
- Brown ground beef and onion in a skillet. Season with salt. Drain and pour into prepared dish.
- Top with cheese.
- In a blender, combine baking mix, milk, and eggs. Pour over mixture in pie plate.
- Bake 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, fry bacon until crisp. Drain, and lay bacon on top of the impossible cheeseburger pie.