These boneless country-style ribs are baked to perfection with a spicy rub and your favorite barbecue sauce. It's an easy, convenient meal, a great choice for any night of the week.
Out of the many positive comments and reviews, there were several slight changes and recommendations worth noting. One person replaced the Cajun seasoning with smoked paprika and another sweetened her barbecue sauce with a tablespoon of brown sugar.
- Heat the oven to 325 F.
- Dry the country-style ribs with paper towels to dry.
- Combine the Cajun seasoning blend with the garlic powder and onion powder. Rub the seasoning mixture over all sides of the ribs. Note: If your Cajun seasoning is salt-ree, sprinkle the ribs lightly with kosher salt as well.
- Line a shallow baking pan with foil; coat the foil with oil or spray with nonstick cooking spray.
- Arrange the ribs in the prepared baking pan and then top with onion slices.
- Cover with another piece of foil and bake in the preheated oven for 1 hour and 15 minutes, or until the ribs are very tender.
- Remove the top piece of foil and brush the ribs with barbecue sauce.
- Bake uncovered for about 15 minutes longer, or broil for about 2 to 3 minutes.
Quick Cajun Seasoning: Blend 1 tablespoon of salt with 1 1/2 teaspoons of paprika, 1 teaspoon dried leaf oregano, 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper (or less), 1 teaspoon black pepper, and 1/2 teaspoon dried leaf thyme.