These easy baked beans are excellent for summer cookouts and picnics. Utilizing your favorite canned baked beans, this is perfect for that last-minute cookout -- just doctor them up with ingredients you likely already have in your pantry or fridge, and voila! You have a delicious side dish that's ready in a snap. The simple list of ingredients includes bacon, ketchup, onion and corn syrup or brown sugar, along with seasonings.
More Cookout Recipes
- 8 slices bacon, diced
- 1/4 cup minced onion
- 2 cans (16 ounces each) baked beans
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 1/4 cup dark corn syrup or brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons dry mustard
- Heat the oven to 350 F.
- In a large skillet over medium heat, cook the bacon until almost crisp; add the onion to drippings and continue to cook until tender.
- Add the beans, ketchup, corn syrup or brown sugar, and ground mustard; mix well.
- If the skillet is not oven-safe, transfer the mixture to a greased baking dish.
- Cover and bake in the preheated oven for 30 minutes.