This easy tater tot casserole is an all-in-one meal that's a snap to prepare and bake, and it's a meal your kids will enjoy.
I use mixed vegetables in the casserole, but you can use your family's favorite vegetables. And cream of celery soup may be substituted for the cream of mushroom soup.
Serve with coleslaw or a salad and biscuits.
- 1 1/4 to 1 1/2 pounds lean ground beef
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 cups frozen mixed vegetables, cooked just until tender
- 1 can (10 3/4 ounces) condensed cream of mushroom soup
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 cups shredded Cheddar cheese, divided
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 16 ounces frozen potato nuggets (1/2 bag), such as Tater Tots® or similar
- Heat the oven to 350° F. Butter a 9-inch square baking dish.
- In a large skillet over medium heat, brown the ground beef with the chopped onion, stirring, until the beef is no longer pink and the onion is softened. Stir in the garlic powder, mixed vegetables, condensed soup, Worcestershire sauce, and 1 cup of the shredded cheese. Stir to blend.
- Taste and season with salt and pepper, to taste.
- Spoon the ground beef mixture into the prepared baking dish. Top with the potatoes and the remaining cheese.
- Cover the dish tightly with foil and bake for 50 minutes. Remove the foil and continue baking for 15 minutes, or until the casserole is bubbly and potatoes are cooked through.
Serves 4 to 6.
You Might Also Like