Baked ziti is one of those incredibly adaptable recipes you can change to suit your mood, your family's tastes or the ingredients you have on hand. Try adding browned ground beef or roasted vegetables to this easy pasta dish.
Serve with garlic bread and caesar salad.
See also Easy Pasta Recipes.
- 16 ounces ziti pasta
- 1 large egg
- 15 ounces ricotta cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh basil (optional)
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 4-1/2 cups spaghetti sauce (homemade or from a jar)
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Prepare pasta according to package directions for "al dente." Drain.
- In a large bowl, beat egg. Add ricotta cheese garlic powder, basil and 1 cup of the mozzarella. Mix well.
- Add cooked pasta and 2 cups of the spaghetti sauce.
- Pour 1 cup of the spaghetti sauce in a 9 x 13 pan.
- Top with the ziti mixture. Top with the remaining sauce. Sprinkle remaining mozzarella and Parmesan cheese over the sauce.
- Cover with foil, and bake 20 minutes. Remove foil and bake another 10-20 minutes until golden brown and bubbly.
- Let the pasta rest 10 minutes before serving.