This banana bread is made with biscuit baking mix (Bisquick). The recipe takes two mashed ripe bananas and makes one standard loaf. It's a very easy recipe and using Bisquick baking mix means fewer ingredients.
Add some chocolate chips, raisins, or more nuts to this easy banana bread.
- Heat oven to 350 F. Grease the bottom only of a 9-by-5-by-3-inch loaf pan
- In a large mixing bowl, combine all ingredients except Bisquick and nuts; stir until blended. Stir in Bisquick and nuts. Turn the batter into the prepared loaf pan.
- Bake banana nut bread for 50 to 60 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the loaf comes out clean.
- Cool on a rack for 10 minutes. Loosen sides of loaf from pan with a knife or narrow spatula and remove to a wire rack to cool completely.
- High Altitude (3500 to 6500 feet): Heat oven to 375 F. Use 1/2 cup of sugar and 1/3 cup of milk. Omit oil. Bake banana nut bread for 55 to 60 min.
- 1 slice: Calories 195 (calories from fat 80), Fat 9g (Saturated 2g), Carbs 26g
- This recipe for banana nut bread, shared by Sandra, is from a 1953 Bisquick cookbook.
You Might Also Like