This high-heat method for a roast beef is fuss-free and works very well. The roast will have to stay in the oven for at least 2 hours and it should be out of the refrigerator for about 45 minutes to 1 hour before roasting, so plan accordingly.
- 1 boneless round tip roast, about 4 to 5 pounds, room temperature
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt or garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Heat the oven to 500°. Line a baking pan with foil and place a rack in the pan.
- Cut slashes in the fat of the beef in a diamond pattern.
- Combine the all-purpose flour, kosher salt, garlic salt, and pepper. Rub the round tip roast all over with the seasoned flour mixture.
- Put the beef roast on the rack in the prepared baking pan, put it in the oven, and reduce oven temperature to 475°. Roast for 30 minutes, or about 7 minutes per pound.
- Turn the heat off and leave the roast in the oven for 2 1/2 hours. Do not open the oven until you're ready to carve the roast and serve it.
The roast will be medium rare.
You Might Also Like