Throwing a bridal shower is a fabulous way to honor the bride-to-be -- and a great way to make yourself crazy. Keep it simple with this easy, make-ahead bridal shower menu. Nothing needs to be heated or kept frozen, there's no fussy last-minute assembly, and everything is delicious.
Quick and Tasty Party Apps and Eats
- Cheddar Cheese Twists: A fresh take on cheese straws—so easy to make, and extremely delicious. The hardest part is making the dough, and that only consists of combining 5 simple ingredients. They'll look great on a buffet table, as they add height and drama.
- Mini Frittata: Since your guests will likely be standing up to eat, you don't want the food to be too complicated. These are hearty and filling but can be eaten with one hand. They look elegant on a platter as well and are equally good hot or room temperature.
- Cucumber Soup: Guests appreciate the refreshing deliciousness of a cold soup. Make it party friendly by pre-pouring it into small clear plastic cups. They'll look like jewels on your buffet table, and will be easy for guests to enjoy.
- Tangy Garlic Aioli: Cheese, crackers, and fresh veggies are a bridal shower staple, but they can be a bit expected. Jazz them up by serving interesting dips and spreads alongside. This tangy garlic aioli kicks things up a notch, but you could also make a sweet/savory Pineapple Cheese Ball, a green goddess dressing, or a spicy remoulade.
- Authentic Italian Bruschetta: Bruschetta is always a crowd-pleaser, and it's healthy to boot. Though many recipes tell you to lovingly assemble each hors d'oeuvres, if even that's too much last-minute work for you instead fill a basket with the toasted bread and place it next to the bowl of bruschetta. Guests will be happy to do it themselves!
Along with these savory items, don't forget to serve cookies and cakes. In keeping with your easy bridal shower menu, desserts should be either made far in advance and frozen, purchased from a bakery, or even ask other bridesmaids to bring them. Put out a platter of fresh fruit and a couple bowls of spiced nuts and your work is done, leaving you time to be the hostess-with-the-mostess.