Looking for a delicious and simple sweet treat? This easy recipe for caramelized Macadamia Nuts consists of only two ingredients – nuts and sugar -- and comes together in a snap. Another name for this recipe would be Candied Macadamia Nuts. They are delicious on their own or sprinkled on salads or ice cream or other desserts.
If you double or triple this recipe, you can turn them into edible hostess gifts.
- 1/2 cup of macadamia nuts, halved
- 1/4 cup of castor sugar (superfine sugar)
- Heat a small, heavy-based saucepan over medium heat. Add the sugar and macadamia nuts to the pan and stir.
- Continuing stirring gently until the sugar has melted and the macadamia nuts have caramelized.
- Carefully transfer nuts onto waxed paper. Allow to cool and then break into pieces. When completely cool, store in a tightly covered container.
Edited by Barbara Rolek