This slow cooker chicken dish is all about convenience. The combination of condensed soups makes a tasty sauce that is delicious served with the chicken.
The dish doesn't have much color, so I added some chopped fresh parsley. Chopped pimientos or finely chopped bell pepper would be good as well. Take a look at some other ideas in the tips and variations below the instructions.
Serve the chicken and sauce with hot cooked rice, noodles, or potatoes. Add a tossed salad for a satisfying family meal.
- 6 boneless chicken breast halves, without skin
- kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder, or to taste
- 2 cans (10 3/4 ounces each) condensed cream of chicken soup or cream of chicken with herbs
- 1 can (10 3/4 ounces) condensed cheddar cheese soup
- fresh chopped parsley, optional
Rinse chicken and sprinkle with salt, pepper and garlic powder. Mix undiluted soup and pour over chicken in a Crock Pot.
Cover and cook on low 6 to 8 hours, or until the chicken is done. The minimum safe temperature for chicken is 165° F (74° C).
Serve over rice or noodles and garnish with fresh chopped parsley, if desired.
Tips and Variations
- Use 2 cans of cheddar cheese soup and 1 can of cream of chicken soup for more cheese flavor.
- Replace the cheddar cheese soup or 1 can of the cream of chicken soup with nacho cheese soup or broccoli cheese soup.
- Replace the chicken breasts with boneless chicken thighs.
- Omit the cheese soup and add about 1 to 2 cups of cheddar cheese 20 to 30 minutes before the chicken is done.
- Add chopped pimientos or finely chopped hot or bell peppers to the soup mixture.
You Might Also Like