These chicken enchiladas are terrific for potlucks, weeknight meals, or serving a crowd. If you're into make-ahead meals, this recipe can be frozen, too. Just cool completely, and wrap tightly before freezing. Then thaw completely in the refrigerator and warm, covered with foil, in a 350 F oven.
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- Place half of the tortillas between two slightly damp paper towels. Heat in the microwave on full power for 30 seconds to 1 minute, depending on the strength of your microwave oven. Repeat with remaining tortillas. Set aside.
- With an electric mixer, beat cream cheese and sour cream together until smooth.
- Stir in one cup of the salsa and the chicken.
- Spread 1/2 cup of the salsa on the bottom of a 9 x 13 baking dish.
- Hold one tortilla in your hand. Spoon the chicken mixture down the center of the tortilla. Sprinkle 1 to 2 tablespoons of the cheddar cheese over the chicken mixture. Fold both sides of the tortilla over the filling, and place the enchilada, seam side down on top of the salsa in the baking dish.
- Repeat with remaining tortillas, lining up enchiladas side by side, seam side down, in the baking dish.
- Spoon remaining salsa over enchiladas. Sprinkle with the Monterey Jack cheese.
- Bake 20 to 30 minutes until cheese is melted.