Homemade biscotti made with mini-chocolate chips. I love love love biscotti, but I don't make it too often since I think of it more as a treat for the perfect Sunday morning cup of coffee. And if it's chocolate? Even better!
Never made homemade biscotti before? Not to worry, this biscotti recipe is simple and easy to follow. Biscotti is baked twice to get it perfectly crisp and crunchy. Once you know how to make it, you'll never buy biscotti from the store again.
This chocolate chip biscotti recipe is courtesy of the Wheat Foods Council.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/2 cup mini chocolate chips (or nuts)
- 3 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- Pre-heat oven to 350 F.
- In a medium bowl, mix together flour, sugar, baking soda, salt and chocolate chips.
- Add eggs and vanilla, stirring until blended.
- Turn dough onto lightly floured surface; knead 8 to 10 times.
- Form dough into a log about 2-inches wide and 16-inches thick.
- Place log onto a baking sheet coated with non-stick spray.
- Bake 30 minutes; remove from oven and cool for 10 minutes.
- Place log on cutting board and with a serrated knife, cut log diagonally into 1/2 inch slices, using a sawing motion.
- Place slices cut side up, on a baking sheet.
- Reduce heat to 325 F and bake for 10 minutes.
- Turn slices over and bake an additional 10 to 12 minutes until golden. Centers will be slightly soft but will harden as they cool. Remove to wire rack to cool.