These popular no-bake cookies are made with oats and chocolate, along with optional peanut butter and other ingredients. These are quick and easy to prepare and cook in just a couple of minutes on the stovetop, perfect for that chocolate craving.
Here's my go-to recipe for quick no-bake cookies, along with some tasty variations including a cocoa version, one with coconut, and with chopped nuts.
- 3 cups quick oatmeal or rolled oats
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 to 1/2 cup of peanut butter, optional
- 4 ounces butter (8 tablespoons)
- 1/2 cup evaporated milk or regular milk
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- Place chocolate chips, oats, vanilla, and peanut butter, if using, in a large mixing bowl.
- Combine the butter with the milk and sugar in a saucepan; bring to a full rolling boil and then begin timing. Boil the mixture for 1 full minute.
- Combine the hot butter and sugar mixture with the oatmeal and chocolate chip mixture. Stir until the chocolate has melted and the mixture is well blended.
- Working quickly, drop by spoonfuls onto waxed paper or parchment paper.
- Makes about thirty 2-inch cookies or more if you make them smaller.
Variations and Substitutions
Carob No-Bake Cookies - Use carob flavored chips instead of the semisweet chocolate chips.
Made With Brown Sugar - Use brown sugar or part brown sugar in place of all or part of the granulated sugar.
Made With Nuts - Add 1/2 cup of chopped pecans or walnuts to the oat mixture.
Made With Cocoa Instead of Chocolate Chips - Omit the chocolate chips, add 1/4 cup of unsweetened cocoa to the saucepan with the milk, butter, and sugar. Bring to a boil and then combine add to the bowl with the oats, vanilla, and peanut butter.
Made With Cereal - Replace the oats with corn flakes, grape nuts, crispy rice cereal, or similar.
Chocolate Coconut No-Bake Cookies - Replace one cup of the oats with 1 cup of flaked coconut.
Made With Dried Fruit - Add 1 cup of raisins or chopped dried sweetened cranberries for an extra chewy texture.
Made With Crumbs - Add part graham cracker or cookie crumbs to the oat mixture for different textures and flavors.
You Might Also Like