A cake mix makes this chocolate raspberry bundt cake recipe a snap to prepare, and the raspberry jam and optional liqueur make it extra special. A rich chocolate ganache is the perfect finishing touch, and it's surprisingly easy to make.
The chocolate ganache is the perfect topping for this rich chocolate cake, but feel free to drizzle some vanilla icing over the top and decorate with sprinkles or chopped nuts if you'd like. Serve the cake with fresh raspberries if they're in season.
If you don't have Chambord, a raspberry flavored liqueur for this cake, you can use milk or juice.
- 1 box (18 ounces) chocolate (or devils food cake) mix
- 1 cup (about 12 ounces) raspberry jam (seedless or with seeds)
- 1/2 cup Chambord (raspberry-flavored liqueur; or milk)
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 4 large eggs
- For the Chocolate Ganache:
- 2/3 cup whipping cream
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- Heat oven to 350 F. Grease and flour a 12-cup Bundt cake pan.
- Combine cake ingredients in a large mixing bowl and beat on low speed of electric mixer until blended. Scrape the sides and bottom of the bowl and then beat on high speed for 2 minutes. Spoon into the prepared pan and bake for 50 to 55 minutes, or until the cake springs back when lightly touched with a finger.
- Cool completely before frosting.
- Put the whipping cream in a saucepan over medium heat. Bring the cream to a boil; remove from the heat and stir in the chocolate chips. Continue stirring until the chocolate has melted and the ganache is smooth.
- Let the ganache stand for about 5 minutes to cool slightly and they drizzle over the cooled cake.
You Might Also Like